Footage provided by Trenavix. My PC is not good enough to record this mod. The video is so high res that I literally can’t play it back on my own device so I hope it’s good footage.
For more fangames, subscribe to this channel!
How does this work?
1) The Frame limit has been lifted to 60FPS. This will cause the game to run at double speed.
2) The Game has been set to only advance every other frame
3) The Game interpolated positions, animations and camera rotations between 2 advancing frames with an additional frame that is cosmetic only
4) Gamemasterplc made this widescreen hack to run the game in widescreen natively (fix the checksum using checksum64.exe or n64crc.exe after applying his patch)
5) The graphics plugin has been set to a 4k resolution
There are still some issues with this. Most noteably, the walking animation speed is dependant on mario’s speed and I’ve only interpolated it by the regular 1 frame rather than something depending on Mario’s speed. (also, certain cutscenes run too fast)
Download: (no widescreen patch in this rom, get that one seperately from gamemasterplc’s video)